When developers invest in the EBURD, they may qualify for reimbursement for certain public improvements as part of their redevelopment efforts. Examples of qualifying expenses are:
- Demolition and abatement of structures and removal of blight
- Relocation of businesses to EBURD
- Sidewalks, Curbs, Gutters
- Public Utilities – Water, Wastewater, Stormwater
- Private Utilities – Electrical, Natural Gas, Telecommunication Lines, Fiber Optic
- Intersection Signals & Hawk Crossings
- Landscaping & Green Space & Improvement of Pedestrian Areas
- Historical Restorations
- Off Street Parking (Must be a public benefit beyond simply increased parking for your business)
- Pollution Reduction
To get started, give us a call at the BIRD office – (406) 272-4321. Download The TIFD project information and application. Once completed, applications are reviewed by the BIRD, Inc and recommendations are forwarded to the Billings City Council. The council has final approval on all TIF fund requests.
01April2016 EBURD TIF Application
Special emphasis will be given to projects that exemplify the East Billings Urban Renewal District master Plan. You can view the full plan here.
EBURD Master Plan
We have also partnered with several other entities to develop a plan for the Exposition Gateway area across from MetraPark. This plan can be accessed from the link below.
Exposition Gateway Concept Plan